Friday 3 April 2009

Final Evaluation




My media product was influenced by the life of Jack the Ripper. The story was based on women victims of Jack who were earning income as prostitutes. We then decided to change the story but stick with the same concept. Therefore, we based our production on a girl who is a prostitute and who is followed by a mysterious man and eventually gets murdered. We used traditional camera angles when filming for example, when filming the beginning of this product we used angles such as high angle/low angle, Close ups and medium shots when filming the main characters.


This production represents a variety of social groups such as, powerful men because the person that plays the part as the murderer is a man, it also conveys female victims and venerable women because, it conveys the way women can easily be trapped and hurt.

Film-Four would be a good institution to distribute my product because it distributes thrillers and horror movies for example, residents of evil and Franklyn. Another media institution would be True Movies because my product is based around a true story. The audience for my product will be for people aged around 16 to 35, as I don’t think young people below the age of 16 should be viewing this product as it does contain images which may be of bad influence. I do think that both sexes male and female would be able to view this as it does represent both genders. This will interest the people who enjoy thrillers and history, as my film does go back to the jack the ripper story. People of all different background and ethnicity will enjoy this production.

I attracted my audience in many ways firstly, the build up to the scene as the audience do not know what is happening at the beginning because they just see a girl which raises questions, in their heads. Sound effects such as screaming and footsteps were used to slowly grab the audience’s attention when the victim is being followed but you can’t work out whom she is being stalked by because you cannot see the stalkers face.



I addressed the audience by the lighting I used, which explains what time of day it was which made my product a typical thriller because it was set in darkness. The back ground music that my group and I used also made my product seem like a thriller because as my product was building in suspense the music was quiet at first then started to get loud gradually which also added tension to my product.


During the process of constructing my thriller and editing my clips together I have learnt how to use the camera well e.g. changing the lights on the camera, holding the camera appropriately to capture the necessary footage. I learnt how to capture different angles and basic techniques for example, zooming in and how to capture high angles and low angles. When editing I learnt how to import clips from the tape onto the scratch disk I learnt how to edit pieces together and cut pieces that I didn’t want out. And I also learnt how to use different effects for example, sound e.c.t although there aren’t many effects in my film.
When editing there were a few technical problems however these were easily overcome by practising around with editing techniques.


Looking back on my preliminary tasks, I have learnt how to make use of various lighting, how to control the camcorder and how to get focused as a group. I feel that I have grown hugely in skill from the first task I undertook. It has taught me about teamwork and working independently, overall I have thoroughly enjoyed myself whilst making this film.However this product could have been improved by spending more time on the editing and using more effects such as different sounds during the production and props.

No comments:

Post a Comment